I'm Not Thinking About You


I'm not thinking about you
I'm not thinking about the kiss we shared
I'm not thinking about how you stared
I'm not thinking about how you didn't want to let go
I'm not thinking about your caresses
I'm not thinking about the love we made
I'm not thinking about your lust incensed voice whispering my name
I'm obviously not thinking about the mind numbing climax
Or when you groaned "l love you"
I'm not thinking about the following morning
When you woke up and the horror imprinted on your face
I'm not thinking about you asking me what happened
And that it was a mistake, you were sorry
I'm not thinking about the heart break I felt,
Like a bread knife ripping through my cardiac muscles
I'm not thinking about how you left without looking at me once,
Without seeing my tears.
I'm not thinking about telling her, my best friend
I can't rip her heart the way you've done mine.
I'm obviously not thinking about ignoring you,
She'd ask why.
So let's play along like nothing happened,
Like we shared nothing,
Like our souls didn't burst and mould into one that night
I'm not thinking about you.
                              

This was originally published on December 7, 2017.

Comments

Popular Posts